Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Wriddhiman Saha, who was dropped from the Indian team, was given NOC by the Bengal Cricket Association (CAB) on Saturday, ending his 15-year association with the association in sad circumstances.  Saha, a veteran of 40 Tests, was made clear by the Indian team management that he did not need an older second wicketkeeper.  Since then, Saha has been criticizing BCCI president Sourav Ganguly and initially said the same thing about head coach Rahul Dravid.

https://quiz.cricnews24.com/


 “Wriddhiman Saha came to the CAB office and sought NOC from the association with an application to President Avishek Dalmiya,” the CAB said.  The CAB also wished him well for the future. “

image credits twitter


 CAB joint secretary Debabrata ‘Debu’ Das had alleged that the experienced wicketkeeper used to make excuses for the state not to play in home matches.  Angered at this, Saha had asked Das to apologize unconditionally which he did not do and when the CAB officer was sent to England as the administrative manager of the Indian team, Saha got the answer and he made this decision.

 Speaking to reporters after receiving the NOC, Saha said he was asked to reconsider his decision.  “I was asked before,” he said.  Requests were made again and again today.  But I had already made the decision.  So I took NOC today. “

 Saha also said that he would never have any complaint from Bengal and would be ready to serve again in future if needed.  He said, “I had no ego related issues with the Bengal Cricket Association.  There was just disagreement with someone (Joint Secretary Debu Das ), so I had to make this decision. ”  Saha was very unhappy on the CAB  Joint secretary’s remarks on his  commitment towards Bengal cricket 


There are unconfirmed reports that Saha may take up the captain cum mentorship role of Tripura Ranji Team though nothing has been decided yet .

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment