Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Probable India T20I World cup squad 2021


The India T20I World Cup squad is likely to be announced after the 4th test at Oval.  The team composition could be 6 batters, 2 all-rounders (1pace & 1 spin), 2 spinners and 5 fast bowlers. There are 2 keepers amongst batters. One expects that 90% of the squad will be on expected lines and it is the remaining  10% that might be contentious.
India today group famous sports channel sports talk has created a probable 15 member squad and that looks very close to how the team will be. 


According to sports talk , the opening options are Rohit Sharna and KL Rahul. the exact two players who are opening for India in the test series. Both Rohit and Rahul can destroy attacks with effortless ease if they are on song.


The middle-order comprises of skipper Virat Kohli , Surya Kumar Yadav and keeper Rishabh Pant with Hardik Pandya. The batting seam allrounder and Shreyas Iyer as the backup option.  Kohli is a legend of all formats, Surya is in the form of his life, Rishabh Pant can be destructive on his day and Shreyas can provide solidity as well as an attacking option if in XI. Hardik of course will play as a finisher in the slog overs with his great hitting prowess. 


The other allrounder is Ravindra Jadeja, whose batting has improved by leaps. And bounds in all formats besides his experienced left-arm spin. Both Jadeja and Hardik are electric fielders.

Probable India T20I World cup squad 2021
image credits sportskeeda, featured image credits outlook


The pace options looks to have enough strike force with Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvneswar, Deepak Chahar and Mohammad Siraj.  While Bhuvneshwar and Deepak Chahar are essentially powerplay bowlers. Shami, Bumrah and Siraj will be for middle and death overs essentially.


Amongst the spin options Yazuvendra Chahal is expected to be a sure shot selection. The last spin option could be one from Ravi Ashwin, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar ( who was superb in Srilanka) and Varun Chakravarthy. It will be a close one with all four having their own attributes. Probably as the right arm off-spin, either Sundar or Ashwin might sneak through in the last spot. As with Chahal already there, Rahul Chahar or Varun might just lose out. Probable India T20I World cup squad 2021.

Also Read- JIMMY NEESHAM GETS INTO A TWITTER WAR WITH A PAKISTANI FAN 

The team (15 members)
Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma , KL Rahul , Rishabh Pant (wk) , Surya Kumar Yadav , Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya , Ravindra Jadeja , Jasprit Bumrah , Mohammad Shami , Mohammad Siraj , Bhuvneshwar Kumar , Deepak Chahar , Yazuvendra Chahal &  Washington Sundar / R Ashwin / Varun Chakravarthy / Rahul Chahar

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment