Joe Root’s list of records on his way to 180* v India
Joe Root has scored another brilliant century in test cricket and has created multiple records on his way to this knock. At the present moment with his age as little over 30 years, Root seems in line to break Sachin Tendulkar’s highest test aggregate of runs which is 15921. At 9000 plus test runs currently Root needs another 6854 runs to emulate Sachin’s record. However, he will need to be consistent for the remainder of his career with minimum bad patches. Joe Root’s list of records on his way to 180* v India.
Root has emulated or broken a few records en route to his brilliant Lords 100 v India…some of his new list of achievements is as under
1. Maximum 150 plus scores for England equalling Alistair Cook’s record of 11.
2. Maximum 150 plus scores for England as a test captain now at 6 surpassing 5 by Gower & Cook
3. Root crossed 9000 test runs and achieved the milestone in the least number of days since debut – 3167, surpassing Cook (3662)
4. Root has surpassed Graham Gooch to become England’s 2nd highest run-getter in Test cricket. Alistair Cook with 12000 plus runs head the list.
5. Root is the 2nd youngest player ever to reach 9000 test runs after Cook
6. Root now has seven Test 100s against India. Only Gary Sobers, Viv Richards, Ricky Ponting & Steve Smith have 8 Test 100s against India.